Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Municipality of Mabini Bohol

Posted by Ruel on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 in | No comments
Mabini is a 4th class municipality in the province of Bohol, Philippines. According to the 2007 census, it has a population of 28,788 people.

Mabini is politically subdivided into 22 barangays.
Abaca
Abad Santos
Aguipo
Concepcion (Banlas)
Baybayon
Bulawan
Cabidian
Cawayanan
Del Mar
Lungsoda-an
Marcelo
Minol
Paraiso
Poblacion I
Poblacion II
San Isidro
San Jose - formerly known as Ondol
San Rafael
San Roque (Cabulao)
Tambo
Tangkigan
Valaga
Mabini is located in the eastern part of the province. It was established in 1904 out of the barrios of Abaca, Banlas, Bulawan, Lungsodaan, Minol, Poblacion 1 and 2 and Tambo which then belonged to Candijay; Cabulao and San Jose which then belonged to Ubay and Batuanan which a that time was a barrio of Mabini. The first settlers of Sitio Libas came from Duero, Loboc, Guindulmlan, Jagna and Sevilla. The barrios were organized into a new town through the initiative of its parish priest, Fr. Jimenez and municipal president Canuto Bernales.

Congressional District: 3rd
Income Classification: 5th
POPULATION (2000): 27,250
Population Density: 3.39
No. of Households: 5,047
Average Size of Households: 5.28
Land Area (in hectares): 6,455 has.
No. of Barangays: 22
Distance from Capital: 104 kms.
Travel Time from Tagbilaran: 2 hrs. & 20 mins.

Location Map of Mabini Bohol


View Larger Map
My Mother Liberata Hinaloc, brother Rodillio Hinaloc Jr, sister Flordilisa H. Ayag (HS Teacher in Concepcion) is living in Tambo, Mabini, Bohol. I enjoy my teenaged years in Tambo, my birth place. Today, I live in Cebu City with my family, but every year I arrange a couple of times to visit my birth place. I love my home place, Mabini, Bohol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment